To achieve excellence in Engineering Science and Technology and to produce professionally competent, socially sensitive, skilled intellectual IT professionals to meet the current and future challenges of the modern computing industry in the global scenario.
- To be committed in providing quality education in professional core and multidisplinary areas with continuous upgradation and to prepare IT graduates succeed in industry as an individual and as a team.
- To inspire and encourage the graduates to use modern tools, design and create novelty based products supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of industry and society.
- To continuously engage in research and projects development, to instill leadership and planning for the effective and strategic use of emerging technologies to attain sustainability.
Dr. V.V.S.S.S. Balaram
HOD, IT Dept.
Short Term Goals:
- R&D in the areas of Data warehousing and Mining, Network Security and Cryptography and Consultancy.
- To establish Center of Excellence in the area of Network Security and Cryptography
- Liaison with national labs, academic institutions and industry
- To organize an International Conference
- Starting of In-house journal
- To establish an Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Centre with multidisciplinary approach to promote commercialization of projects completed by the students at UG and PG level
- To strengthen the existing Center for Services to community and empower the unemployed youth
Long Term Goals:
- Liaison with International institutions in R&D,
- Apply for Research grants with international collaboration
- Engage in Research leading to patents at national and international level
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1: Graduates will attain a strong foundation in Basic Sciences, Engineering Sciences and fundamentals of mathematics through which they acquire knowledge and abilities to analyze, design and develop solutions using Modern tools which will help them to be employable.
PEO 2: Graduates will develop an ability to work in a team/ lead a team with effective communication skills, knowledge of project management, finance and entrepreneurial abilities.
PEO 3: Graduates shall acquire skills to conduct investigation of complex problems to propose appropriate solutions and develop attitude for lifelong learning which will empower them to pursue higher studies, Research and Development.
PEO 4: Graduates will be aware of the engineering professional ethics, impact of engineering profession on the society, need for environmental protection and sustainable development in the present and future scenario.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Engineering Mathematics, Basic Sciences, Engineering Fundamentals, and Engineering Specialization to the solution of complex Information Science and Engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems of Information Science and Engineering reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Engineering Mathematics and Engineering Sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex Information Science problems and design system components or processes of Information Science and Engineering that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions in Information Science and Engineering.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations in Information Science and Engineering.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice in Information Science and Engineering.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in Information Science and Engineering in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Information Science and Engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex Information Science engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes(PO's)
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) are statements that describe what the graduates of a specific engineering program should be able to do. On completion of the B.Tech.(Information Technology) program the graduates will be able to
- Apply and understand the principles of computer-based systems to acquire professional skills and knowledge in Information Technology.
- Design and develop software programs and projects using software engineering practices, mathematical methodologies, algorithms and model real world problems using appropriate programming languages and efficient tools.
- Solve real time problems using cutting edge technologies like IOT, Data Science, AI, Big Data and Cloud Computing, identify research gaps and hence provide innovative, novel and feasible solutions to the existing and future problems.
Present intake of IT Department:
Name of the course
Computer Networks & Information Security
Program Educational Objectives of Computer Network and Information Security E are:
- To empower the students by providing necessary knowledge base, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities in the field of Computer Network and Information Security and allied fields so that they can excel in their profession, in industry, higher studies and Research & Development.
- To develop core competencies in the field of Computer Network and Information Security, so as to conduct experiments, comprehend, analyze, design and use appropriate techniques and tools to provide optimal solutions for the industry related problems.
- To inculcate the responsibility to the society at large by sensitizing regulatory and Intellectual Property related issues along with communication skills and to promote entrepreneurship with sufficient knowledge of project/ finance management techniques for ensuring their career success.
- To motivate the students not only to be excellent in academics, professional ethics ,team work , leadership skills but also to be life-long learners in up coming technologies for a successful professional career.
Program Outcomes (PO's) Of M.Tech (CNIS)
After completion of the M. Tech Computer Networks and Information Security
- Postgraduates will demonstrate their abilities to acquire state of art of knowledge and to expand the frontiers of knowledge in the field of Computer Networks and Information Security Engineering.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate complex engineering problems to make intellectual to create advances in the field of Computer Networks and Information Security Engineering.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate their abilities of problem solving skills to find optimal solution including considerations of public issues, cultural, societal and environmental factors in core areas of expertise.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to carry out literature survey, design and conduct experiments and analyze results using appropriate research methodologies. They should also demonstrate to contribute scientific / technical knowledge in their domain areas either individually or in groups.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to develop appropriate techniques and tools for prediction and modeling of various engineering systems.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to collaborate and engage in multidisciplinary group tasks in scientific research.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability manage projects efficiently including consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability in both oral and written technical communications.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to learn latest developments independent and continuously in his/her field.
- Postgraduate shall acquire professional ethics and intellectual integrality in the consideration of impact of research outcomes for sustainable development of society.
- Postgraduate shall learn from mistakes and make corrective measures on his own.