One Week Short Term Training programme on
PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS IN BIG DATA APPLICATIONS USING HADOOP AND R-PROGRAMMING
16-21 December 2019
Department of Information Technology
Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology
Yamnampet, Ghatkesar, Hyderabad-501301, Telangana
SREENIDHI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (SNIST) was established in 1997 with the approval of All India Council for Technical Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh and is affiliated to JNTUH. Sreenidhi transforms its students into technically competent, highly communicative, application oriented and lifelong learning Engineers. Their success in the globally competitive technological world and leadership in their chosen profession, are our objectives.
- It is running a number of under graduate and post graduate programmes and is also engaged in research activity leading to Ph.D. Sreenidhi is recognized by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) as scientific and Industrial research organization.
- The Institution got accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade and Accredited by NBA of AICTE within 5 years of its existence. It has received World Bank assistance under TEQIP (P I&II). The institution attained autonomous status from 2010 onwards and it is the first college under JNTUH to get such an autonomous status. SNIST is actively engaged in R&D in the area of Nano – Technology and allied fields.
- Received National Award for Best HRD Practices from Indian Society for Training and Development, which is the first of its kind by an educational institution in the Country.
- SNIST is rated as number 2 in A.P. State in two consecutive years in 2008 and 2009 by popular magazine Competition Success Review. It is rated as 28th in India heralding into top 1% of Engineering Institutions in India.
- Received Best Engineering College in AP State Award by ISTE A.P. Section.
- The faculty and students of SNIST is actively involved in R&D activities and the results of such research activity have been published. SNIST have several research projects from different sponsoring agencies. Faculty received best faculty awards/achievement awards etc.,
About Department of Information Technology
The Department started in 1997 with a vision to emerge as a premier Centre in Information Technology and also to focus on human values and professional ethics.Currently the Department is offering Both Undergraduate and post graduate programmes of Information technology. The Department had excellent laboratories to develop the practical skill for the students resulting remarkable placements for IT students by top ranking companies every year. Faculty are actively engaged in research areas like Networks, Information Security, Cloud computing, Big-Data, Image Processing, Social Networks, e-Commerce, organizes FDP programmes/Workshops /conferences to train/share/ and to learn with Industry professionals and Subject experts. The Department exhibits excellent output of Research in terms of standard Publications. Many of our faculty and Students won best Teacher awards/Best paper awards/Best project awards etc. The placement is excellent. Many of our students got admissions in well known higher learning Institutions in and abroad.
The department conducts “NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCES IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND COMPUTING EVERY YEAR “ in the month April 26-27 and publishes the papers in UGC approved journals. Few best papers will be communicated to SCOPUS INDEXED journal (UN paid journals). This conference helps the students to publish their projects papers in journals.
About the Short Term Training programme
This programme aims to provide a platform for practical foundation level training that enables direct and active involvement in big data and other analytics projects. It embraces a summary to big data and the Data Analytics Lifecycle to address business challenges that leverage big data. This programme is targeted to provide grounding in basic and advanced analytic methods and an introduction to big data analytics technology and tools, including MapReduce and Hadoop. The extensive labs throughout provide many opportunities for participants to apply these methods and tools to real-world business challenges as a practicing Data Scientist. The participants are expected to learn core data science algorithms and implement them to have a broad understanding of data science and its scope.
- The STTP is designed to give you in-depth knowledge of the Big Data framework using Hadoop and Spark, including HDFS, YARN, and MapReduce. You will learn to use Pig, Hive, and Impala to process and analyze large datasets stored in the HDFS, and use Sqoop and Flume for data ingestion.
- You will master real-time data processing using Spark, including functional programming in Spark, implementing Spark applications, understanding parallel processing in Spark, and using Spark RDD optimization techniques. Further, you will also learn various interactive algorithms in Spark and use Spark SQL for creating, transforming, and querying data forms.
- The R Language is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis. In the recent years R’s popularity has increased substantially This STTP will provide great opportunity for the participants to get exposed to R programming.
- Introduction to Bigdata and Data analytics
- Hadoop and its Eco Systems
- MapReduce Programming
- Hive, Scoop and Flue
- Introduction to Spark and Flink, Spark-SQL, Pig
- Introduction to R Programming,
- R for Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
By the end of the STTP , the participants should:
- Know the basics of Big Data analytics.
- Understanding a wide variety of Big Data tools for handling data effectively.
- Understanding a wide variety of algorithms to frame data models.
- Construct the data models to address big data analytics problems.
- Applying analytic techniques and tools to analyze big data, create statistical models, and identify insights.
- Selecting appropriate data visualizations to clearly communicate analytic insights to business sectors and analytic audiences Using tools such as: R, MapReduce/Hadoop, etc.,
Research Professors from NGRI, Chennai Mathematical Institute, IISC, IIT, IIIT, NIT & other reputed Universities, Industry practitioners along with few internal professors.
This STTP is open to: All Teaching Facultiy working with AICTE approved Institutions (Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, ECM etc., ….)
Duration and Venue: 16-21 December 2019 (Monday to Saturday) at Seminar Hall-1, SNIST campus
Last Date for Registration: 25th November 2019
Intimation to the selected Participants: 1st December 2019
STTP: 16-21 December 2019
Registration: The registration is limited to 40 participants only. The selection will be done on first come and first serve. There is no registration fee for faculty members from AICTE approved Institutions.
You can download the application from our college website also send the filled application with signature of the Head of the Institution with a bonafide certificate that you are working in the Institution to
For Registration form Clickhere
Travel Grant and Accommodation:
The travel expenses will be reimbursed for out station participants as per the AICTE norms. Accommodation will be provided at hostels with food (Free Boarding and Lodging).
An examination will be conducted by Program Evaluation Committee (PEC) at the end of Short Term Training Programme (STTP). The STTP certificate is very important for career Advancement.
For further any information regarding STTP and anything please contact the coordinator at +91 – 9489343789 (Dr.Iyengar)
Address For Communication
Dr.N.Ch.Sriman Narayana Iyengar
AICTE - STTP Cordinator
Ph.D (C S E), Ph.D (Appl. Mathematics)
Professor, Information Technology & Dean (Library & IS), SNIST
Yamnampet (V), Ghatkesar (M), RangaReddy (DIST)-501301